Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday, Happy Rainy Day

Knowing that I was facing two more rain soaked days, decided to start this day with happiness.  The day started with Tim walking with a light mist falling.  One of our neighbors chatted with Tim along the way, about her husband surprisingly sat in a chair of water.  The water came into the kitchen from a leak around his antenna.  Don, the neighbor is 77 and walks with a cane.  So Tim knew it would be impossible for him to climb on top of his rv to fix the problem.  So Tim hauled his ladder down to the end of the park and chalked up the leak.  That's my hero!!! 

Next it was my walk, mine and Lori's.  I think she said we did 17+ laps.  That makes over 3 miles.  The air was thick and wet.  Not a fun morning for a walk.  But wanting this day to be full of happiness, I kept my eyes peeled on the surroundings.  Saw a few robins in our yard.  Also found new red ant hills all over.  Because of the heavy rains, those little meanies are on the move to new homes.  The guys around the park will see to their demise when it dries up.  Or at least they will try.  So many times, those critters will just pop up in another location.  Saw a cute little squirrel hopping from one tree to another.  Way to fast for me to get my camera out.  Enjoyed him anyway.  Another camper was walking his dog Ellie, a gorgious gray standard poodle.  Did get a pic of her. 

Back at the coach, found Tim getting in a couple winks. Then breakfast, a few chores, and worked on a bead order.  Before I knew it, lunchtime.  We had made plans to go to the Mardi Gras Boat Parade in Gulf Shores.  But Tim said to much rain would probably cancel it.  Talked he into going anyway.  WOW...what an exciting time.  Forgot I was not 10 again and the fact that I do not like to get wet.  I was jumping up and down throwing my arms up trying to catch the beads that the boaters were tossing to us.  Doing a good job of it also.  Let me tell you what my sweetie was doing.  The beads that I missed that either fell in the water or just on the rocks, he was picking them up.  He also got his share of beads thrown to him.  All I can say is...FUN FUN FUN.  Another happy time for this rainy day.  I can't wait to count the beads and see how many I got.  Will share that with you tomorrow.

That's my happy rainy day news, now for some pics......

                                              Tim returning after his good deed for the day
                                              With Lori, coming to get her walking partner
                                    A few robins stopping by to say hi and grab a few worms
                                                                         Fire ant hill
                                                                And this is Miss Ellie
                                                                       A quick catnap
                                        Driving to the boat parade in the pouring down rain

                                                  Now for the Mardi Gras Boat Parade
                                                     Patiently waiting for the action
                   Having trouble loading more, am stopping now, will post the rest tomorrow
                                                           Don't want to lose the above


Life is good
God is great
Nite All

No comments: